Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday

All week long I’ve felt like I haven’t really been sewing or quilting as much as normal. I’ve been so exhausted after work for whatever reason and I’ve totally been sucked into the Olympics. But when I think about all the things I have been getting done around here, it actually does seem like a lot!

This past weekend I got my scrappy star quilt all basted and ready for quilting!

In the same weekend I got my book quilt basted too! That’s a lot of basting for one weekend and I am officially all out of safety pins, so no more basting for a while (darn).These are both projects on my Q1 goals and so it feels extra awesome to make some progress on them!  Plus my book quilt is an unfinished project from 2012 (maybe 2011…?).


I also have been doing way too much quilty math the past week, figuring out fabric requirements for a quilt my parents have commissioned me to make for a family friend. It’s totally out of my normal style, but I’m really looking forward to a nice change of pace and trying a new pattern! The 10 pounds of fabric that I’ve ordered for this quilt is due to arrive today and I’m anxious to see the fabrics in person.

I’ve also been working on an iPad case for a friend and coworker, but I can’t show pictures yet, since she might be reading this (sorry, Sarah- no sneak peeks)! I’ll have that done for her tomorrow.

Linking up with Freshly Pieced, Sew Fresh Quilts and Esther's Blog!
post signature

9 comments:

  1. How fun! 2 cute quilts basted ready for quilting. Yea, the Olympics has cut into my quilting time too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You'd think the Olympics would make us more productive!

      Delete
  2. Great you had enough time and pins to baste three quilts! I like the scrappy star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had just enough pins, it was lucky!

      Delete
  3. You have done a lot -those steps always take me a good bit of time. Congrats on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They take me time too and I always dread them, but I'm always so glad when I'm done!

      Delete
  4. I hear you, Celia. I feel the same way! When you are at the stage of basting a couple of quilts and getting ready to quilt them up.... It feels like you aren't doing as much sewing. I think the piecing is the funnest part! Quilt math is a brain drain, too! But you are making great progress and have some happy mail coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! I need to be okay with looking at what I've accomplished and be happy with it, even if it's the not-so-fun stuff like math! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. i've got some basting to do this weekend and I'm dreading it!

    ReplyDelete