Saturday, March 22, 2014

Dining Room Update!

As soon as we moved in last July, I knew what paint colors I wanted for pretty much every room. For our combined kitchen and dining room I wanted a light aqua and coral color scheme and it only took one color sample to find the right aqua for the walls. But since we painted, the walls have stayed bare and undecorated....
 

UNTIL NOW!

I've always wanted a very mixed item gallery wall and with the size of this wall, I thought it would be the perfect space! So, we spent the afternoon hanging up the items that are going to make up the center of our gallery wall!
 

The thing on the far left is an awesome weather center that was a thrift store find. The second thing on the left is an original painting that we found at our local record store. With Jake being such a big Leonard Cohen fan (plus it was the right color!) we couldn't pass it up. The "awesome" sign is something that I painted on a scrap piece of wood. And finally, the black mirror is from Ikea. This wall is definitely not done, and I can see some sort of white faux taxidermy item fitting in so very nicely!

Once all this was hung, I was on a roll and put together some matching items for the bookcase that is on the far left wall.
These are all thrift store finds except the white owl, which is from World Market. Excuse the extremely messy shelf and the fact that there's no gumballs in the gumball machine!

I can't wait to finish up this room! It's getting closer and I love how it's looking so far!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment