Friday, March 28, 2014

Quilt Finish!

A finish long in the making, my book quilt is finally done! An unfinished project from 2012, I finally broke it out of it's storage box this month, ordered batting for it and got it quilted up!
 
It's a nice throw sized quilt measuring 60 x 72 and I can definitely picture it being a staple on our living room couch! 
I did some very simple straight line quilting in the sashing.
 
 And it is backed and has binding that is made out of scraps from the main fabrics in bright and cheery greens, oranges and florals. 
 
I am beyond excited to cross another project off of my Q1 list. I definitely feel like I'm making good progress!

Linking up to Link-A-Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya Quilts, Thank Goodness it’s Finished Friday at Devoted Quilter and Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.
 
You can see my goal list in this post here.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! So many fun fabrics. Thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a book quilt, what a fantastic idea! the back is just as much fun as the front :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete