Saturday, January 11, 2014

iPad Cover

Last weekend my parents, brother and I planned to make a last minute, almost 24 hour turn-around trip to Nebraska to visit the grandparents. Immediately, I thought on Thursday night (the night before we would be leaving) "Well then, I'd better make an iPad case." Never mind having no experience in bags, pouches, sleeves, or making my own patterns and having less than one full evening to make it. Brilliant idea, Celia. I looked up a couple tutorials, but none of them were exactly what I was looking for, so picking aspects from a couple of them, I dove right in!
 
Surprisingly I'm pretty happy with the results. 
 
Are there tons of things I would have done differently? Of course! To name a few: accounted for the heavy quilting while cutting the fabric so it isn't such a tight fit, paid more attention to centering the flap, made the flap tighter (by moving the velcro down further on the body). But really, for my first "bag" I'm pretty pleased!
 
Oh, and in the end, we ended up not going to Nebraska because of the nasty winter weather, but my iPad still looks pretty sitting on my coffee table!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, C! And I love your writing. Not surprisingly, it sounds just like you. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Glad to see you back at your blog. Love the blog redesign - it is distinctly you. The cover is fun, nice colors and evidently(!) a speedy project. Can't wait to see the next project.

    ReplyDelete