Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bedroom Quilt is Done!

I am beyond excited that the quilt for the bedroom is done! My first completed project from my Quarter 1 goals, and it's an unfinished project from 2013!
Excuse the horrible indoor picture, it is freezing today and I was not about to venture outside for a picture! Hopefully once it warms up, if that ever happens, I can take this baby outside for some better pictures!

It matches our yellow and gray colors in the bedroom so perfectly and really helps tie the whole room together. Dennis clearly approves! It's straight line quilted at irregular intervals, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch apart.

The binding is scrappy pieces of fabric used in the quilt, and the back is a bedsheet (gasp!)



Now with this big project crossed off my list, I'd like to tackle basting and quilting my scrappy star quilt and finishing up the scrappy place mats!

You can see my goal list in this post here.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I really like the way this turned out. The colors and patterns are so good! And in this picture Dennis looks like he matches perfectly! Nicely done, Celia Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you! I'll have to get some better pictures with the whole bedroom at some point, because it really does tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your color choices and the pattern. Is the design layout something you created or a pattern? just wondering the sizes of the pieces you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The design is just something I created. The strips are 2, 3 and 4 inches and just pieced together in the width that I wanted the quilt to be!

      Delete