Monday, January 13, 2014

Scrap Quilt

It took me probably all of 4 days to get completely distracted in January. Since I’m still waiting on my background fabric for the scrap quilt I wanted to make in January and batting for our bedroom quilt, I needed to start something else in the meantime to keep sane! I found a lovely string layout on Pinterest and thought I’d get started on that instead. 

I used 12 inch scrapbook paper (golly knows I have enough of that laying around) to foundation piece scrappy strips cut between 1 inch and 3 inches wide. On one diagonal half of the triangle I used all the white and cream solid scraps that I had, and then on the other side of the triangle, I used tons of bright, happy scraps!

 I’m really happy with how it’s turning out so far and it’s been so fun to dig through my scraps and be reminded of all the lovely fabrics I’ve used in past projects! I have 20 blocks done and another 16 blocks in various stages. I’m hoping to finish up the blocks this weekend or early next week and then start laying it out.
I also started yet another project that wasn’t on my goals list for January that I’ll put up here in a couple days!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment